Monday, January 19, 2009
Bad News
Well I had my bone scan on Friday. I got to watch the screen as I was being scanned and I am no radiologist but what I saw was not good, so of course I was dreading Dr. Hoffman's phone call today. What he said was pretty much what I expected..."Kid you have a stress fracture". What I didn't expect was that it was in my leg and NOT in my hip (Adam says this is much better than in my hip). Then Dr. Hoffman continued by repeating about 6 times in a row.."no running, no running, no running"
He's gotten to know me pretty good over the past 6 years so he followed that with "you heard me??" Every time I would try to say something he would cut me off with another "no running.."
I was afraid to ask "so this means I can't do the Mardi Gras 1/2 Marthon in 2 weeks?" kidding, I think I knew the answer to that one.
I am very bummed right now I was finally to a point where I felt like I had trained well for the race and now I don't get to run it. I'll never know if all of those long runs had paid off, if my new pacing plan was going to work or if I was going to run a P.R.
Looks like I will be volunteering and cheering on all my friends who will be out there pounding away, a side I've never been on but it looks like I don't have a choice.
as Dr. Hoffman has stressed..... NO RUNNING, NO RUNNING, NO RUNNING.........:(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Brizz, no running..unless it's the Running Man. :)
Post a Comment