Our friend Michelle made the trip with us for extra support and I wore my "Coach" shirt that Mary gave me for my birthday:)
Pre-race picture!
The race started at 7 am but we got there about 5:45 so Mary could get all of her stuff ready and swim some practice laps.
When the race started I think she was a bit nervous but that soon went away and she had a great time.
Getting ready to start!
First was the swim in pool at the natatorioum. It was 7 legnths in the pool. She did great, passing people, swimming the whole way etc.
Then it was on to Transition I, my coaching kicked in durring T-I b/c she was primping as people were passing her by so I had to yell at her to GO!!.... but she finally got out onto the bike course:)
Applying lip gloss......
The 12 mile bike went well, that was the part I was most nervous about. She did great though stayed right on pace and finished at her expected time. She was even smiling when she came into T-2!
T-2 was a much faster transition and then she was out on the 2 mile run. Michelle and I underestimated her run time and we almost missed her comming into the finish line!!
Mary's goal was 2 hours and she finished in 1:58 so she did great! I was very proud of her and she can't wait to do it again next year:)

No comments:
Post a Comment