Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Bum Knee

Well this all started back in June, my knee started giving me some trouble, first I could still run 3 miles before the pain, then 2, then when I got down to less than one it was time to pay Dr. Hoffman a visit...
I expected the usual, "Ice, rest, cut down on the running" inflammed speach. But what I got was "I think you tore your Meniscus, you need an MRI" I was like come again???

So I got the MRI and it seemed like the concensus was yep torn meniscus, time for surgery.
I was a bit freaked out, I mean this is my knee we're talking about and I need it to walk, not to mention RUN! I've never had surgery before but I said if it will make me better sign me up.

You have to remember by this time I had not run in about 2 months so I was getting desperate:)

Friday August 28th my mom and I showed up at Baptist hospital for my knee scope. The experience was great, everyone was very nice etc. except for the guy who had to put my IV in TWICE.... ouch. Once I got my IV I was knocked right out and next thing I knew I was in recovery with Dr. Hoffman saying he was wrong... my Meniscus wasn't torn it was really "Plica"
Which from what I understand is something about some tissue that was rubbing on my knee cap. anyway all I know is that he cleaned it out.
I used crutches (adam's that are for someone btwn. 5'11-6'-6) for about 4 days and then I have been limping around since then. I am going to therapy though and getting more motion back every day. The pain isn't too bad, I don't sleep well at night nothing a little vicodine can't fix though.

Hope to be back in action in a month!

No comments: