Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Corporate Cup 5K



The 28th annual Corporate Cup race was this past Sunday. It's a 5k race that benefits the YMCA that consists of teams of 4 co-workers. This year I rounded up 4 teams from my office, mostly walkers but hey I'm not picky. The race starts and finishes in front of the Audubon Zoo, running through Audubon Park. We couldn't have ordered better weather!


Last week I had started increasing my mileage and had ran 6 miles on Friday so I was curious to see how that would impact my race. If anything it helped. I ran 23:02, one of my fastest 5K times and the best part was I felt good the whole time!

I placed 6th in the top 10 Females and there were 452 people total so I was happy with that. As for the teams they didn't do bad either my team came in 6th out of 26 teams in our division and our other three teams placed 13th, 17th and 18th.

There should be more pictures but Adam overslept and didn't show up until after the race.....at least he showed up I guess:)




No comments: