Saturday, March 21, 2009

Trying out the Wet Suit


Just a heads up my blogs will most likely be about training from now until the race because well that's about all I'll be doing:)


So yesterday I did a 51 mile ride alone and I felt good. I felt really good on the way out. On the way back I was starting to get ancy to get off of my bike around mile 40ish. But then I got a second wind and wanted to go longer than 51 but I had to get home for a bathroom break. The whole ride took about 3 hrs 20 mins.


This afternoon I met my friends Myrna and Danny out at the lake so we could swim in our wet suits. The water was about 67 degrees and the lake was a bit choppy this afternoon with waves that made it a bit hard to swim. Once we got going it was fine. I've got my fingers crossed for nice calm water and no wind the day of the race. So besides the waves, water being so cloudy you can not see past your hand in front of your face, and the dirt I had to whipe off of my face when I got out it went just fine:) we're going to try it again on Thursday.

No comments: