Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day weekend

This past weekend was a busy one.

Started with the Greek fest 5k on Friday night. The weather was great, normally this race is super hot and I always do terrible but not this year. I don't know if it was becuase Adam, George and Stacy were sitting at the finish line, if it was my new Catch 22 ninja gear(including boy shorts that ride up in the front and totally show off your butt), or because I ran the first 2 miles with Adrienne.. but I got another PR!



I was stuck at a 23:00 5k all last summer so my goal for this summer was to go under 23:00. Well I ran 22:23! That makes 2/3 5k's under 23:00 in the past 2 months. I'm happy with that:)


After the race we all went into the fest and enjoyed lots of beer, gyro's and greek music. Good times!






Sunday we went to George's childhood home for a crawfish boil/pool party. The weather had other plans though and we ended up eating our crawfish under a tent while it poured rain. Oh well it was still a good time. Adam became very attached to this one crawfish, he called him "the marlboro man" b/c that's what he smoked. He was sad when it was time to toss him in the boil, I even had to do it for him..








Later on I left Adam at the pool party so I could meet Keri, Vanessa, and Mary for dinner before the annual One Eye Party. We ate pizza at some place next to the Red Eye then walked on down to the party. It was fun as usual seeing everyone who I only see once a year. It's def. a different crowd from the very first year 6 years ago though, now everyone is married, kids, just more mature in general... well maybe not more mature......



1 comment:

Julie Fonseca (yes, it's an alias) said...

Mary said the same exact thing about the One Eye Party - "Everyone's married now". Eventually, the trend will be divorce and before you know it, you'll be writing "Everyone at the One Eye Party has either had a stroke or a heart attack". I'm just kidding........sort of.