Thursday, March 19, 2009

Training update

This Sunday will be only 2 weeks until the 1/2 ironman... I am getting nervous!!


Training has not gone as I would have liked do to my stress fracture and then no thanks to getting the flu last month. I know I'll finish but it's a little dissapointing to know I am not where I want to be in my training.

Swimming is good, I have been swimming at least a mile or more once a week, I think I have that part down, except for the wet suit. I got mine in the mail yesterday and I hate it. I don't think I am meant to wear confining clothes and a wet suit is the definition of defining! Hopefully this weekend I'll get to practice swimming in my wet suit in the lake.



Bike- The bike right now is my main concern. 56 miles is just a long time to be on the bike. There will be three places to stop and I plan on stopping at all three. A few weeks ago I did a 50 mile ride alone and I only hope the race is more exciting.... I am really worried about getting a flat tire. Seriously it would prob be faster for me to walk back (w/o shoes since I'll have my biking shoes on) then to try and change it. I went to a class on how to change a tire and it LOOKED easy but it's not so easy in real life.

Run- The run.... well I'm def. not where I wanted to be in the running part. But I'll give it whatever I have left in me and hey at least I can always walk:)
So I think I have everything I need, I need to pick up some more Gu's and power's bar's but other than that bring on APril 5th. I'm ready for this to be over!:)

2 comments:

Julie Fonseca (yes, it's an alias) said...

Good luck Breezy! I'll be thinking about you! I know you'll do great, though. You're always way harder on yourself than you should be! I can't wait to hear all about it! Miss you!

My training starts as soon as Wynnie is born - I'll be needing you for motivation then! Maybe you can come here and do a little run (5 or 10K) with me even :)

Jamie said...

I hated my wetsuit. Guys love wearing it because it helps them float. My next wetsuit will be sleeveless. I was however grateful for it when I panicked in the water and it kept me afloat.

Your bike looks awesome. I am a little envious. The bike was my least favorite part, but during the race it was my favorite.

I learned once you get finished with the swim you know you can finish. You can bike as slow as you want and always walk the 13.1

Good luck and I can't wait to hear how is goes.